1. It's Spring Break for most of the world this week, except for us. Well, kinda. My fancy planning calendar that I spent way too much time making out at the beginning of the year says that we are working through this week, because our Spring Break will come 'round Easter. The fact that we've only had a full school day once this week seems to be speaking to the fact that it is, in fact, Spring Break for us, too. For the record, though, it is super hard to keep
myself the kids motivated when everyone and their 2nd cousin asks how our Spring Break is going and the response that I have to continually hear is, "We don't have Spring Break. Our mom makes us work." Nice.
This is what I came up with.
Notice that nowhere on his list is Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Somehow I managed to convince him that pirates think dinosaurs are way cool......
4. We are up to our ears in baseball. I'm not going to complain, because this is definitely my favorite time of year, but I will say that we are just plain B.U.S.Y. Between all 3 boys, we have 4 different baseball teams. Two regular league teams, and two traveling tournament teams. Needless to say, we are at a ballfield 7 days a week. And if we just so happen to squeeze in a day without a practice or a game, that day is spent hashing over plays at the dinner table, hitting in the batting cage, or washing a uniform of somekind. Definitely tiring, but good times.
7. I went to the dentist yesterday. 'Nuff said.
8. My Lenten fast is going really really well. I've made it 16 days now and feel better than I have in ages. I even resisted a piece of the orange chocolate T-Rex pirate baseball cake this weekend. Although I will tell you that right now there is a jar of ranch dip and a package of open taterchips sitting next to me on my bar, and I'm about to lose my religion over it. The children love to play this little torture game with me....
9. I still haven't done our taxes. I probably should get on that, huh?
10. American Idol is making me swoon. So much good talent in one tiny space. My favorites are cutie-pie screecher James, quirky white-teeth Paul, Southern Belle sweetie Lauren, and ornery-as-all-get-out Casey. Actually at this point, I'm just rootin' for the ones that I want to get kicked off, because after they're gone, it'll all be cake for me. Love this season...
If you need me, I'm the one with the stupid sun-drunk grin on my face.